Sunday, January 4, 2009

Miserable Sick

The best laid plans of mice and crafters are often thwarted by the flu. Well, I assume as much about the little micies, but I know it's true for me and some of my fellow crafters out there.

For New Year's I enjoyed a lovely evening out to hear some odd bands (Bob Log III being the main act) with some great friends, one of whom was just getting over an odd cold. (She started with fatigue and aches, then switched to sore throat and then to sneezing, which is the opposite of most folks experiences, I think.) I went home and woke up the next day with a sore throat, but I wasn't worried at first. I was still well enough to go running errands most of January second, but I spent yesterday in bed except to eat, which is big for me. My plan HAD been to go to a coffee shop and post great crafty goodness for you all.

Ah, the joys of sinus pressure and congestion, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, popping and ringing ears, and fatigue... I feel like a cold medicine commercial. A friend offered to bring me meds yesterday, but I declined, thinking I was well-stocked with my brand new Sudafed, DayQuil and Delsym. Turns out I used my last dose of NyQuil last night and only have four cough drops remaining, thanks to my house mate. Meh. I'm wondering if I can make the walk to the pharmacy... Okay, really, I'm wondering if my friend will offer again if I make my facebook status pathetic enough.

And how does all this affect my crafting? Well, yesterday I was too tired to do anything but sleep and read. I'm hoping today I can get some work done on stock prep. The weather is awfully dark for photographs, but if nothing else I have some felting to do. We'll see how that goes.

I just realized I may not have enough milk for cereal for breakfast and not much else to eat. I may actually have to come out and ask for help. Crazy talk! Ooh! Wait - I have pie. Everything will be fine.

P.S. I think it's awesome that my spell check tried to make 'DayQuil' into 'tequila'. May be Fate trying to tell me I'd sleep better drunk than I did last night.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment