Friday, January 9, 2009

Global Warming and a little Etsy Preview

Hello again. First off, I'd just like to say that, yes, I am feeling better, though my cough is lingering. I had bronchitis a few years ago and it seems like no matter how brief my colds are nowadays, I always get a deep cough that lingers for a week. But it's not the kind of cough that keeps me up nights, so I'm good, even if I sound froggy still.

Speaking of froggy, I recently frogged the two panels of a sweater sort of thing I began when I first started trying to design for the loom. It probably would have worked, but it never would have fit me (I hadn't really gotten "gauge" yet and it was wide). I think I can put the yarn to better use now.

Other than that, I've been working only on the Circle Rug - maybe 60% done - and etsy stock. So far, I have six projects that are done (except for having the ends woven in and laundering). That's three sets of coasters (denim blue, bumble bee yellow and black, and sock monkey swirl) and three scarves (two in natural cotton, one of which is a scarflet, and one in a rainbow of colors the colorway name of which I can't currently remember). I also have another scarf WIP, which will give me seven products. I plan to launch with those products and a few more surprises next week. Yikes!

In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy this inimitable Tucson January - hot outside in a T-shirt at 11 a.m.? Yep! I think I may use my new folding chair to crochet outside tomorrow morning. Oooh, that sounds lovely. I'm excited just thinking about it. My next post will be about some goodies I've sort-of inherited related to crafting.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful first week of the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm just catching up on my blog reading and have found your new spot -- it looks great :) I hope you're 100% better soon!

    ReplyDelete