Thursday, February 12, 2009

Inheritance part 2


This is not a new inheritance, but a recently reacquired goodie. I received some more of my stuff over the holiday break, including my piano, almost-the-last of my crafting supplies, and the sewing machine I did really inherit when my grandmother passed.

(She apparently had quite a few. When my mother came to visit a couple days ago, she didn't know I'd gotten mine back, and so she offered me "one of the extras" she now has!)

I haven't used the machine in a few years, but I have a project in the works. I have a pair of pants that aren't long enough. I'm planning to convert them into a skirt. I may do it this weekend, but I'm not sure yet. I'll photo document the whole thing both for this blog and for Wardrobe Refashion. If you've never heard of the Refashion pledge, you should check it out and consider signing up. Two friends and I will be taking the pledge when it opens this weekend (the 15th). My second project may be a lined bag, with granny square exterior, for etsy, but I'm not committed to it yet.

Next time, the cap!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool -- having a good sewing machine is one of those important things in life. I can't wait to see your reworking of the pants!

    ReplyDelete